Last week I spent most of my time reading documentation and tutorials on Git. Now little confident of my Git repository work.
After having many trials and failed attempts of plotting acceleration graphs, yesterday got it working. feeling happy….
Now this program can be used in many experiments in mechanics. Spring oscillations experiment is also ready.
Need to polish the programs add user friendly details on the GUI. It will be a good idea If I can add schematic experimental setup on the GUI itself. It will help students to explore these experiments on their own.
This weeks work in points
- Got the linear air track polished . problem of friction is partially solved.
- Code to plot position time graph is completely ready. Need to add comments and commit on GITHUB.
- First success with acceleration time graph. Need to work on GUI
- Designed three new experiments with sound waves by manual methods.
- We need TWO sine wave generators. Ajith Sir has promised to help with the electronic design. Right now could get sine waves fro microcontroller board connected to expeyes. ( the code is from Kishore A)
- Need to write detailed reports and daily commits.
Next week I must work more on the repository.
Here is the link
Today is the first day of coding. Really excited but little scared too….. with the responsibility that has come with this oppurtinity to contribute to the open source community.
Yesterday got a mail from Payoneer saying “Google Summer of Code has transferred a payment to your bank account”. Got my first GSoC payment. This is really a great news as I have already spent about Twenty Five Thousand Rupees on procuring the required equipments for development like Motion Sensors, Linear air track ( got it designed and manufactured locally…that saved a lot of money) Soldering Station and Air Blower.
Now its time that I really need to dedicate more time for some serious work. Planned to complete at least one experiment involving linear motion on frictionless platform. with a code for GUI to plot position- time graph. Earlier one attempt is failed due to malfunctioning of the sensor. I have procured new ultrasonic sensor SRF 05 from fab-to-lab Bangalore.
Need more pieces but its difficult to obtain these sensors as they are to be imported from China.
Also need to set up Linear air Track. Write document on design of low cost Linear air track.
I will edit this post little later . It will be about my FOSSASIA experience , proposal submission and basic preparation and work for GSoc project ( which includes experimenting with sensors, planning disfferent experiments etc…) . Also all the work we have done during my stay at IUAC Delhi (27th April to 3rd May 2014).
Right Now just adding some time line images of GSoC.